New TV for 2004 37PC

pegasus2

Has any one replaced there television in the wood cabinet in the galley area. Looking for one that will fit the opening.

I replaced the factory TV on my 2005 37 PC with a Vizio 23" LED. It's the maximum width unit you can fit there and still open the door. You can even use the existing bracket with a little drilling for mount holes. It will leave about a 2-3" gap below the set, since the facory unit was taller, but a decorative plate or a soundbar works fine to fill the space. Good luck.

Dan I think the 2004 37 PC has the old tube-style TV, so that may not work the way it did on your boat. But you should be able to mount a flat panel in there, I have seen it done, it might just take some extra creativity.

I relocated the AC outlet for the TV to the tall clothes locker outside the aft cabin and mounted a 22" flat screen TV on the bulk head over the aft cabin and now we have another storage cabinet in the galley.
I replaced my analog TV antenna with a Shakespeare digital antenna that operates in either 120 V AC or 12 V DC and installed an inverter. I removed the bridge on the AC outlet that supplies power to the TV, attached the AC power to the to the upper AC outlet and ran a line from the inverter to the lower outlet. The TV is plugged into the upper outlet when I have generator or shore power. When I'm on the hook and want TV I move the TV power cord to the lower outlet position and switch the antenna to DC input. Works well and I'm sure other boaters on the the hook appreciate the lack of generator noise, my Admiral does.

Home Aweigh II
'95 31PC

Attachments

• TV4.JPG
    TV4.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
  • Wine Glass Rack 1.JPG
    Wine Glass Rack 1.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
On my 37 i just used the plugs in aft cabinet and the cable outlet from there also
donot need to replace antenna as it works for dig.tv. can run cables behind trim to tv.

I used 26 inch and had to put strap on door to closet so it would not hit tv.

Had a cabinet door made for where the tv went with a shelf inside.

'05 37 PC Television Replacement Power Supply

I need to replace the tv on my '05 37 PC. The current set is rated at 13 volts so must have a power supply transformer since the tv circuit feeding it is 120 volts. I'm wondering if any one knows where/how to access the power supply transformer for it? It looks like I may have to remove the refrigerator to get at it. Otherwise, I'm stumped. Thanks, Jim

Pretty easy. Open door and you will see 4 or 6 screws that hold the face of the trim to the cabinet. Remove them and slide it out. You will also see where your fresh water pump and strainer are, you might want to clean the pump intake strainer while you are in there.
Good luck.

Back