Refinishing Cabin Table

Rocket Jockey

I am interested in refinishing my cabin table. I took the table top to a local furniture refinisher that I have used in the past to strip finish. They told me the finish could not be stripped or sanded!! Have any of you successfully refinished your table top??

Thanks,
RJ

Aren't the tables of that vintage high gloss laminate? If so, refinishing that surface is not possible.

If it's wood, just have Ebel Woodworking make you a new one. It's a relatively cost effective option, and they are great to work with.

135 Industrial Park Drive
Scandinavia, WI 54977

Phone: (715) 467-3344
Web: Ebelwood.com

Last edited:
I believe the table is wood or at least a wood veneer. It is the finish that is the problem apparently. I have used Ebel in the past and I agree, they are great to work with so that is an option. I am a perfectionist so it is probably not even necessary but the finish seems soft or tacky so I was hoping to just strip and refinish.

Thanks,
RJ

I believe the table is wood or at least a wood veneer. It is the finish that is the problem apparently. I have used Ebel in the past and I agree, they are great to work with so that is an option. I am a perfectionist so it is probably not even necessary but the finish seems soft or tacky so I was hoping to just strip and refinish.

Thanks,
RJ

They may offer refinishing of your existing table. I know they re-cover Formula cabinet doors if the foil coating is damaged. Like you say, an option you can keep in your back pocket.

Last edited:
So I know this is a slightly older post...but I to need to refinish my Cabin Table in my 2008 40PC

I am glad for this forum, because this weekend I almost started sanding....

Am I reading this correct...that the table is not really wood and it is a Veneer Finish and of course I can't sand through and fix ?

Thanks

I just had a Ebel woodworking make me a new door to get rid of the tv over the galley. All the woodwork in the Formula is covered with a foil. I asked them if they could recover the tables and they said the can't guarantee it will work but would be happy to try. If I remember correctly one table was $800 for a new one I think. Good luck!

I just had a Ebel woodworking make me a new door to get rid of the tv over the galley. All the woodwork in the Formula is covered with a foil. I asked them if they could recover the tables and they said the can't guarantee it will work but would be happy to try. If I remember correctly one table was $800 for a new one I think. Good luck!

Ok thanks, I will reach out to them as my dreams of finishing myself are now dashed !!

Jed, Let me know what they say as I need to do the same to mine. Was hoping to be able to do it myself too.

Back