Florida to the Exumas

La Cozzi Vita

Just wanted to see if anyone would like to join or meet up with me sometime in late June or early July, maybe 4th of July week. I will be making a run from Miami - Cat Cay - Chub Cay - down the Exumas cays to Staniel Cay. On the way back Staniel - Nassau - Bimini - Miami.

Sounds like an awesome trip. We did the Abacos last year and it was a blast... I will be doing the Exumas once I sell my boat and get a bigger one... I would love to join but range is an issue with my current boat.

That sounds like a great trip and what we have been talking about, we would definitely be interested. We live in Fort Pierce but me a group in Fort Lauderdale last summer for a Bimini trip. How long will you be going for? May have a friend or 2 that would be interested in going as well. Have you made the trip before? Thanks for posting.

That sounds like a great trip and what we have been talking about, we would definitely be interested. We live in Fort Pierce but me a group in Fort Lauderdale last summer for a Bimini trip. How long will you be going for? May have a friend or 2 that would be interested in going as well. Have you made the trip before? Thanks for posting.

Great!

I have not gone this far, but I have been to Bimini a few times. The nice thing about this trip that most legs are under three hours. I plan to break the trip in stages, making the most time available to enjoy the islands on and around Staniel Cay.

Sounds like an awesome trip. We did the Abacos last year and it was a blast... I will be doing the Exumas once I sell my boat and get a bigger one... I would love to join but range is an issue with my current boat.

I have contemplated the Abacos. Can you tell me about your trip?

Look likes a winner, a few days in each island would be great. I am in Fort Pierce and can meet in Fort Lauderdale and then go from there. Have mentioned it to a few friends. May also have a few of us heading to West End in May sometime, any interest I will keep posting.

Formula Rendezvous - Bimini June 20 - 24 2018

Did anyone make this trip together, the posting died off. I lost and engine in June and am just getting back on the water. Took almost 7 weeks to get a new long block, then new one had issues with the cam pickup and sender. Techs finally figured it our 10 days ago so count me in if anyone has plans for the Bahamas this coming year. Formula Boats South just emailed me something they are putting a Rendezvous to Resorts World Bimini June 20 thru 24th. The information is attached, all Formula owners are invited. Let me know if anyone will be attending so I can touch base there.

The registration form is in .JPG format, original is PDF but too large a file to post, I can forward it if you provide and email address

I live in Fort Pierce but am interested in seeing all of the Bahamas.

Take care all
Barney

Attachments

• FBS Bimini EBLAST.jpg
    FBS Bimini EBLAST.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Formula Rendezvous.jpg
    Formula Rendezvous.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 36
This looks very interesting. All I need to do it get the boat across the state to join in. Should post this on the main board too for more people to see.

Wow sounds exciting, wish I were closer. All I expected to do this Spring & Summer is explore the Long Island Sound and Hudson River the Long Island Sound. First Northport, then Port Jefferson, Connecticut River, Block island, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, also explore the Hudson.

Well the Okeechobee can get you to Southeast Florida, then join up or meet in Bimini. I received an email that they have 20 plus boats committed and have arranged for more slips at an adjacent marina in Bimini. Should be a great time.

Bob

I just got back from Bimini, 4 days from 12-24 - 12-27. It was beautiful. Weather was great, we timed it just right and got out of there before the cold hit. The water both ways was super flat, you could have gotten over there on a paddle board. Unfortunately we were not able to get the boat down there and we took the ferry. The ferry sucks unless your into traveling by Greyhound. If your not taking your boat definitely take the seaplane. It's not much more expensive and would be a lot more fun. We stayed the Hilton and it was really nice.
WE are planing a trip to the Exuma's in the summer of 2019. If you all go this year keep this thread alive. I would love to hear how it goes and any tips.
Aaron

Transportation costs from Clearwater FL to Miami area and back are $1900 inc insurance and permits, no night time driving and a drop off and pick up from different marinas within a 50 mile radius. Not a bad deal. Now need to find out about a hotel and marina options when out in Bimini and official papers etc from the CBP (Customs and immigration).

I have a few trip scheduled to Bimini, Grand Bahamas, and the Exhumes this summer. Formula did a similar trip last summer as well from Miami. Will post as I know for next year OK.

Back