Windless inoperable

sailbd

I have a 2004 27 PC with Leonard concept windless. It does not work but does click. Any suggestions? Anybody know where I can find the solenoid? I don't see it in the anchor box. Thanks

Is it turning, making a clicking sound but not grabbing the chain/line? If so, take the winch handle and tighten the clutch.

Yes. No problem. I found the electrical drawing and it seems the solenoid is in the engine compartment. I'll try banging that today and see what happens. Thanks for the input!

Check in the engine room, there should be a solenoid marked windless. This is my 1994 yours can be different. Should also have a breaker next to it

attachment.php

Attachments

• Solenoids Formula.jpg
    Solenoids Formula.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 161
Hey- Not sure if you have had more issues but I have a 98 27pc with a similar problem. Down worked fine but up was just a click. Sometimes it worked other times not. The solenoid was behind the bow cabin speaker panel. Tightened up connections and has worked ever since.

Hi....I have a 2002 41 PC and my windlass stopped working last summer. Turned out all of the electrical connections, which someone posted a picture of above, were totally corroded and had to be replaced.

Back