How many IPS Owners ?

toofast

As a new IPS owner, I am struggling to find a solid site for reference questions, even the VP owner forum is "dead".

So I guess I am curious how many of us are running with IPS drives...and for those that are, where do you get your information, as it is super scarce on the WWW.

Thanks in advance !

Best forums I've found are boatdiesel.com and Volvo's own IPS forums. It took 2 months for Volvo to approve my membership after providing the engine serial numbers.

wow...you went IPS?? i have been gone a while. :cool:

i haven't found any real good resources online. it's a bit of a bummer. i did however become fast friends with my mechanic! that, and i managed to purchase a workshop manual off of a shop that went out of business. not sure if they were supposed to do that, but you could ask your mechanic. between that, and using the schematics from volvopentastore.com i manage with most stuff i'm willing to attack on my own.

congrats, and good luck!
twarble

Yep sure have....I gotta say it is a joy to dock - takes the stress out of it and we have a quite a few "tight" fairways to get into,

Only frustration is lack of information...

You have the IPS 600 correct, assume B series ?

correct. D6-435-D-A, IPS-B drives.

congrats on the new boat! you'll love those engines/drives. i will say...try to get some experience docking without the joystick though. you never know when things will go wrong...and i'm guessing the small wheels on the pods don't have near the torque that you had with your B3's. they still work the same, but i think you need more power than you'd expect.

Back