No power to port side ignition switch

stillbill

I have a 2005 27 PC just got to the lake for 4th of July weekend and I'm unable to start the port side engine. There is no power at all when key is turned, no gauges, no beep , nothing.
I've checked all of the breakers and they seem fine.
Any ideas ?

Last edited:
As this is an urgent call on the off chance - I had a similar issue on a older 34PC with diesels. There is another breaker on the engine in the management modules box.

Thanks Bruce
Not that urgent, I was able to use a jumper wire from the starboard ignition switch to the port switch and it started right up.
I will check for that other breaker next time I open the engine compartment.

Sounds like a throttle/gear interlock switch preventing you from starting. Make sure your shifter is centered and try again.

Just throwing this out there. A friend at our marina that has a 2004 27PC had a similar problem recently. Ended up being fuse or relay panel on the engine that are known for going bad. I think he has Volvo's though.

I think that I've narrowed it down to the 100a circuit breaker under the cockpit sink.
No way to test it until I get back home.

Well I tested the breaker and it seems to be fine soooooooo......
The ignition works fine when I jump it over to the starboard side ignition , on , off , start etc.
But on its own there is no power and it won't crank.
We also noticed that the battery charger will only charge 1 side of the battery bank unless the parallel switch is on.
Ignition won't crank with parallel switch engaged.
Any Ideas ????

I checked the big Red breaker mounted on the engine and it didnt seem like it was tripped
Don't see any other fuses

50 amp breaker under engine cover. Port side next to electronic CPU. Little red push button with little yellow tail

I checked the red button on top of the port engine, it seemed OK, didn't see a yellow tail on it.
Is there another one somewhere ?

Ahhhhh ......... the 50a breaker I have in the engine compartment is a definite "button " and its round and red, but it wasn't tripped.
I have 2 - 100a breakers like the one in your pic but they both tested good.
Is there another breaker or fuse in the electrical panel ?

Back