45 Recycle Bin

FormulatCT

I'm continually amazed at how much, and how well thought out all of the storage is on this boat. But, the space over the cockpit a/c unit, with the 1 kitchen pail didn't seem very functional. Often, items would fall between the opening down to the starboard emergency fuel shut off, and/or inside the a/c floor. I used a pair of tongs last week, just to retrieve a couple dozen soda and beer cans.

I noticed the footprint of the space would allow for another kitchen pail, next to the one from the factory. It's a standard 21 quart pail, and it fits perfectly.

f44646af7aa2e9e58c84b7bc67fd09c4.jpg

I had a recycle bin below the sink to the right, thin cabinet. In the area you have your trash pails I had a portable ice maker

Think it came from the factory with a cooler, no idea what one it was though as it was missing when I purchased my 45. I was able to get and Igloo soft sided cooler in there to
handle the demand for ice cubes. 57178-marine-ultra-36-.jpg

I think the folks at Formula spend more time engineering boats than they do throwing parties.

I, too, continue to discover evidence of clever human ingenuity around my boat, but the wastebasket-sized rubbish bin space that requires lifting up a countertop to access (where, invariably, food and drinks are set out), is just the worst design ever.

It's a fact of life that waste gets generated on boats, so engineering a space to collect it is more of a priority than an afterthought detail. I really wish I had a larger area to collect waste and recycling.

Back