Seakeeper?

zen

Curious if any owners have looked into installing a Seakeeper gyro on a 45? I don't see it on Seakeeper's retrofit list or an easy place it can be installed. A Seakeeper 5 is 30Lx30Wx24H and 800lbs.

It's listed as a 71k option on the Formula site, so I assume there is a place to put it. Retail from Seakeeper is about half that price.

Seakeeper needs to be firmly firmly firmly mounted to the stringers and hull. I would really research from formula if you have the structure in your boat to support it! It puts more torque on the structure than the engine/drives. I would guess that formula puts a sub stringer system in boats manufactured with seakeeper gyros. Check it out...........

Thought I saw Facebook post from Formula factory installing a sea keeper last week?

Swung by Formula's dock at the FLIBS. They had a 2018 45 with a Seakeeper 5 installed. To accommodate it, they modified the guest cabin to a double bed that lifts to starboard. The gyro sits underneath it on the boat's centerline in what is typically the space between the 2 bunks. Very cool and they've done a few of them now between the 45 and the 430. Unfortunately I don't think you can do a retrofit without spending big bucks.

I also saw that boat at FLIBS with the Seakeeper, at first wondered why they eliminated the space between bunks but makes sense. Very expensive option I'm sure if you think you will use it enough to justify it, then the resale question come to mind for me. Post if you decide and send a picture of it OK.

Wanted to see that 45 @ the FLIBS but there had a Private Showing and would not let me board. Also wanted to see the 40PC since that was the one that converted me to the Formula 40 and I ended up with a 2000 41PC which I wish they still made.

OH forgot to say they did not have a 40PC at the show because it was "sold" before the show.
Wanted to see that 45 @ the FLIBS but there had a Private Showing and would not let me board. Also wanted to see the 40PC since that was the one that converted me to the Formula 40 and I ended up with a 2000 41PC which I wish they still made.

I met with the Seakeeper folks and an installer at the New York boat show last weekend. The 6 is what they're using on the 45. About 45K, plus installation.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Back