head plumbing access and AC drain

gary2

Hi,

I have a 2002 34pc and have an issue with the fresh water in the head. I think it may be leaking into the aft cabin floor. It also is has a lot of vibration when pressure is on. How do i access the fresh water connections for the shower?

Also, the drain for the condensation pan for the AC also appears to be clogged. How does this route to the engine compartment?

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary....whenever the aft cabin carpet is wet I know that the main A/C condensate pan needs to be emptied. It leaks directly into the aft cabin and soaks the carpet. I have a 2002 41 PC. Also, regarding head & shower, etc. I just had a problem where the "gray" water was emptying directly into the bilge and so the sump pump, float switch, & sump pump circuit breaker all had to be replaced. Not exactly your problem but, call Formula Tech department and they can give you the schematics for the whole plumbing system: 260-724-1412.

Hi Divergirl,

Thank you! Do you have any idea how the water makes its way there. This is likely my issue as the ac drain is/was clogged. I think I got it unclogged, but, need to confirm good flow.

I found the drain was clogged by wet carpet near/between the forward dinette seat and the forward berth. The AC is in under the forward dinette seat. I just couldn't see how it was finding it way back to the aft cabin floor.

I'll try and give Formula support if needed. I won't need access to the head plumbing(now anyway), if the AC drain is causing the issue. The head seemed like a potential source. I have the original schematics that came with he boat, but, most are dated 1991 and my boat was 2002. I can see where they made changes that didn't get updated. For example the schematic puts the AC pickup under the Genny, but, its under the cabin stairs.

First the AC. I had a 1999 34 PC. The drain hose for the AC was routed to the back, terminating beneath the aft cabin, and letting it drain into the bilge. In order to get at the hose you would have to remove the generator, if one is present. If not, there's a panel to gain access to the hose. I had a genny, so I solved that problem by installing the Mermaid Condensator manufactured by Mermaid Marine. It connects in the output line of the AC and sends the condensate out through the line. It was worth every penny and quick and simple to install. As for shower plumbing access, I believe you have to pull the stairs back and cut an access hole on the opposite side of where the shower controls are. You can use one of those round access plates that screw into a flange to complete the job. It should be hidden by the stairs when you're finished. Measure twice cut once!

Hi TV Man,

Good info, I checked and my line is still clogged. I was able to trace the line back to the aft cabin where it terminates at a fitting. The fitting also has the forward bilge pump hose and the AC output, three separate connections. From that fitting it would go under the genny. I'm surprised it dumps into the bilge, I thought it went to the sump box.

I'm going to try an clear the clog by removing the hose from the fitting in the aft and try to snake it with a wire. Only probelm is I don't know what hose is the drain and what is the AC output, they are the same type of hose. I could just do both.

I figured there would be no easy answer for the shower, hopefully i won't need access.

Gary

My 34 is older than yours but when I get water in the cabin floor the first thing I check (from experience) is the ice maker connection. On my boat if it is leaking it flows under the shower and into the cabin floor.

Back