New winter cover

After years of shrink wrap, we finally broke down and bought a winter cover. Purchased this cover from Fisher and Son, in Delanco NJ. I can't say enough good things about them. Fantastic to work with, cover was delivered when promised. The cover fit like a glove, even though this is the 1st 34 PC with a hard top that they've done. This cover is light enough, that I can lift it by myself, and comes folded so it deploys easily over the boat, yet seems sturdy enough to last quite a few years, our neighbor at the marina is going on 10 years with his. It took a little time to build the supports and figure out the best way to tie the cover down, but the directions were clear, and the cover looks great. Best thing is, in the spring, they'll come and pick up the cover, clean it and store it for the summer, then deliver in the fall, folded and ready to deploy.

I'll take some, next time I'm at the marina. Love the quality, though. We've had some pretty strong winds here, this fall, 40+mph gusts, no issues.

Boat cover.jpg Here is a picture of the cover, on our boat. Yes it is poly/vinyl, that makes it lighter, and easier to get up on the bow, for deployment. There are a number of these in our marina, all have held up really well.

G and D, I had that same cover for my 45 which I sold this past spring. Great cover . I had one issue and that was the rubbing /chaffing the painted, clear coat hull which was an effort to buff out. The second winter before I installed the cover I drapped fabric from the top of the gunnel to the waterline to protect hull. I went on line and got a bolt 5 ft wide of cotton fabric that was on sale. Worked great.

I've heard that can be an issue. I was hoping that having the lines that hold down the cover tight, that I might eliminate that problem. If not, I'll try your solution. One thing I did notice, when I checked on the boat, last week, was that the lines, near the stern were starting to chafe, as they go under the boat. I'll add some chafe protection in the near future

I've heard that can be an issue. I was hoping that having the lines that hold down the cover tight, that I might eliminate that problem. If not, I'll try your solution. One thing I did notice, when I checked on the boat, last week, was that the lines, near the stern were starting to chafe, as they go under the boat. I'll add some chafe protection in the near future
The lines seem to stretch as the winter snow and ice add weight to the cover. Fabric is cheap ,easy and reusable protection. I think i pd 100 bucks for 100ftx 5 ft bolt of fabric for my 45. Used the removable clips with rope and suspended from rails.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi G and D,

I've considered going the cover route over the years but, never have. having bought a Formula this past spring, I may consider it again. I shrink wrapped this year.

I have two questions for you:

You wrote " Best thing is, in the spring, they'll come and pick up the cover, clean it and store it for the summer, then deliver in the fall, folded and ready to deploy." What isi that going to cost? Seems like that will off set any financial benefit.

It could be the angle of the photo, but ti doesn't look liek there is much pitch over the bow. How well do you think this will support a heavy snow without

They charge around $85 for the pick up, cleaning, repairs, storage, and delivery. Still after 2 years the cover will have paid for itself. Oh, and on other thing, our marina has now undertaken the task of doing the shrink wrap on their own, they need some practice.
I think it is the angle of the picture, not much room, during the winter, to move around. The cover is 3'-4' above the forward deck, giving a pretty good pitch. I haven't seen any issues with the other boats in the marina, that use these covers.

Back