Engine Alarms

Botjem

Just a question, all of my previous boats, the alarms sounded as soon as the switches were turned on. Since taking ownership of my 2000 41 PC with Volvo power I have been so overwhelmed by everything that I seemed to not notice that there are no alarms when Ignition switch is in the on position. I discovered this by accident, because I was having a low oil pressure problem and was in engine room and traced harness to two oil sending units on each motor, obviously one for the alarm and one for the gauge. I disconnected one at a time to see which worked the alarm and which worked the sensor even though they were marked, (ACD). Well after understanding which worked what I noticed removing alarm plug alarm did not sound alarm. ALARMS ARE SUPPOSED TO SOUND UNTIL ENGINE START - RIGHT?

Yep my Volvo Diesel DOES NOT sound the alarm on startup either. Not that I am 100% convinced, but I am told it is that way by design....hopefully a few others with Volvo Diesels will chime in.

The PC (Previous Crackhead) that owned my boat CUT the alarm (speaker under dash) wires...
Can you find and test them?

The PC (Previous Crackhead) that owned my boat CUT the alarm (speaker under dash) wires...
Can you find and test them?

In my boat, there appear to be no alarms...other than what the MASTER EVC Display manages....thus nothing cut, once again at least on mine.

Looks like none of us have alarms. Well ill be at the Lauderdale show and I will quiz some"Professionals".

Back