Trailer Brakes - all same?

SabrToothSqrl

So, the previous owner of my setup clearly did ZERO work in 16 years. The level of negligence on this thing is impressive.

In replacing the wheels/tires of my trailer, I took a look at the brakes and realized they need replaced...

Are all disc brake pads the same? I'm really only finding one 'type' that appears correct online.

I plan to disassemble one tonight, and see if they look like what's online.

thanks. From the looks of it, they may not even be 'working' as the caliper appears designed to not allow the pad to go into rotor any more. A nice thing because I see a lot of shot brakes where the pad backing is hitting the rotor! and then you usually have to replace more parts.

Are these the correct pads?

They look similar, but I haven't taken them off my trailer. Plan to tonight or tomorrow.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Kodiak/K225CP.html

26177684_10213142052118784_1969491430_o.jpg26142832_10213142053638822_1410760702_o.jpg

Thanks for any input.

i found the tie down ones online. 2x the price, but appear identical to my existing.

are they interchangeable? other than the backsprings they look 95% the same...

the tie town ones state for vented rotors, which mine are... ugh. $$$$

according to etrailer, i shouldnt mix brands. the tie down ones on ebay are even yellow like mine are. you called it! thanks!

i guess you cant like posts or thumbs up posts on here? else i would.

Agree not to mix them but I've had Tie down and Kodiak and like Kodiak better, they last longer

the trailer has the boat on it, while towing, for.... 140 miles/year. other than that, its a lawn ornament. hope the brakes last :)

overtons has 2 “sizes”. they have ONE pic of each, and they look identical. so of course the ones that came today are too big...

i now ordered the other ones “G5” in heading. which appear just a hair smaller... and after looking them up on other (better) websites, that have real PHOTOS, they match the “cuts” in the pads that i have. (single vertical cut vs. 2 diagonal cuts).

PITA... good news is all my tires arrived... of course I cant put those on without brakes... i need a break.

True. I've been known to go crazy quickly with nothing to do... I'm almost (ALMOST) sad(?) that the boat will be up to my level soon...

New brakes come Wednesday, so I can put them on Wednesday or more likely Thursday, and then this weekend shuffle the trailer around to get to the other side.
Then the brakes and tires should be good.

My stupid trash company will take... TIRES... and... WHEELS... but not a TIRE ON A WHEEL. seriously. this is why you find trash piles along rural roads.
They make things WAY harder than they need to be.

I'm in the county and thrash trucks pick up only house hold trash. No construction material, tires, wheels. appliances, etc. Twice a year the county brings in dumpsters for all the stuff and once a year they will take tires. One place nearby takes tires (only tires) anytime for 3 each, which isn't bad. Heck you go to a larger town/city and they charge you 5 to 10 for each tire to get rid of. My guess is it cost them only 3 but they charge more

Took the boat out last weekend, trailer worked great! New brake pads, tires, wheels, and even have a spare now! (old tire)

Back