Raymarine C80 Upgrade

Will40

After more than a few connection issues that I have had the past couple of years with my Raymarine C80 and DSM 300 sounder I decided that maybe its time to upgrade. I have read that this is a common problem boaters are having with the DSM 300 with intermittent connections and loss of depth data at the most important times. I didn't want to gamble with a replacement sounder only to have it happen again once in the water this year.

I am looking at the Axiom 9" and was wondering if anyone has upgraded from an C or E series and could offer some comments or perhaps recommendations before I reach out to Raymarine sales folks? Will it adapt clean to the C80 cutout?

I assume I would need to replace my thru-hull transducer and was curious how difficult it would be to snake the new cable from the console? I have the ST60 display unit and not sure what happens with this unit?

I do not have radar but would like to stick to a unit with the capabilities in the future.

Let me know your thoughts if you have gone through this?

Thanks in advance

Will

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 54
I don’t know about your boat but I replaced my electronics the sounder was not a problem to snake through.

My C80 went out last year and I replaced it with a Raymarine remanufactured c97. Raymarine also makes a conversion plate to fit the c97 into a C80 cutout. Using a converter cable, I was able to connect the original transduced from the DSM 300 directly into the c97 thereby completely bypassing DSM 300 control box that the transducer was plugged into. I also have autopilot controlled by an ST6001 and an ST60 display next to it. I connected both to the c97 via a Seatalk1 to Seatalkng converter kit and everything worked as planned.

Back