My cabin fridge capped out.

shekmark

Not completey though. Still had a tiny bit of cooling. I figured I would let you guys know, if this happens to you, that it is very easy to remove this small Isotherm fridge and bring it in for repair. Just unscrew the outer flange from the wall and it slides right out. Unplug the AC cord, and loosen the the 2 screws for the red and black DC. Now mine was 1/4 inch too big to get thru my sliding cabin door so I simply unscrewd the black flange from the fridge and off it went. Hopefully it just needs a freon charge.

If I were to guess the 12V fan stopped working.Check this first. If this is the case go to Radio Shack and get a larger 12V fan. Works great and gets it cooler. Formula leaves very little clearance for air in the back and puts more stress on the fan.

I'm beginning to think mine is doing the same. Just doesn't cool like it used to.

Let us know how this turns out for you and perhaps I'll be doing the same.

Thanks for the info.

Committed said:
I'm beginning to think mine is doing the same. Just doesn't cool like it used to.

Let us know how this turns out for you and perhaps I'll be doing the same.

Thanks for the info.

There has been problems with the inner door not closing and sealing up even though the outer cabinet door is. Just a thought.

CHECK THE SEAL ON THE DOOR. CLOSE OUTER DOOR, AND GET DOWN UNDER THE CABINET WITH YOUR HAND, AND FEEL IF THE SEAL IS MADE. I HAD TO ADJUST THE DISTANCE BETWEN THE OUTER DOOR AND THE REFRIG DOOR, TO GET IT TO SEAL. I ALSO GLUED A PLASTIC BLOCK TO THE TOP OF THE CABINET DOOR TO MAKE SURE IT PUSHED CLOSED ALL THE WAY.
ISOTHERM REFRIGERATORS ARE TOP OF THE LINE.

I agree. Isotherm Marine Refrigerators can't be beat.

That said, you can use a dollar bill placed between the door and fridge. Close the door and then try to pull out the dollar bill. For the seal to be working you should feel a slight resistance when you pull out the bill. If not, the door must be adjusted. I had to put a couple of new screws in my topside fridge and use the dollar bill trick all around the door gradually tightening the screws until it sealed the way that it should have.....

When I had my 27 pc, I disconnected the cabinet door from the frig, and that solved all my problems. Thank god my 31pc does not have that cabinet door anymore. I love the new stainless front and top latch isotherm uses.

RDOBROSKI said:
When I had my 27 pc, I disconnected the cabinet door from the frig, and that solved all my problems. Thank god my 31pc does not have that cabinet door anymore. I love the new stainless front and top latch isotherm uses.

Rub it in, my 31PC (year previous than yours) has the door...even though formula made a CUSTOM bracket and block to try to seal from the top and bottom, a door like you have is magical.

I would for sure check your seal, I thought my new one was not cooling well, it was a seal issue of course.

;D. I actually refused to look at 08 31pc because of that stupid cabinet door. It drove me nuts in old boat, hence why I gave up and disconnected front door. I would bet the door is causing the issue as well.

OK, got it back today. The problem was just the thermestat control. No big deal. BTW...I hate having to open a cabinet door to open my refrigerator. Same out in the cockpit. I was on a new 350SS at our raft up this past weekend and the Isotherm fridge in the cockpit was bigger and the stainless door was exposed. I was thinking of removing the cabinet door in the cabin and leaving the fridge exposed.

Anyone have a model number for the one currently being used on a new 37PC (if different from others)?

I also don't like the wood door setup and would like to remove it and add the bigger stainless fridge if possible and if not too expensive. I would really like more freezer space and hope that one with a seperate freezer door will fit - picture two veritically placed doors with freezer smaller than refrigerator section and stainless front.

This might be a "next year" or offseason project but I like to plan ahead.

Oh Sea Dee said:
Any model number suggestion on the Radio Shack 12v fan?????

Sorry I don't. The tech took the old one out and went to RS and put it in. He also moved the compressor over to the center so it could get more air. This made a big difference. Mine gets down to 32-34 easy on a 90* day. Trick, if you put in warm bottles it will take 3x longer to cool the refrig. I try and always start with cool or cold bottles from my home icebox.

Back