Front Window Drain

roberthoran

The center window, that opens to access the forward deck, seems to drain through 2 holes in the window frame and runs along what looks like a track inside, then out a drain hole in a side window.

Anyone have a different configuration on the 45, doesn't make sense to bring water in to drain it out.

Rainy day in Southern Florida so it reminded me to ask.

Bob20171209_113228.jpg

My window didn’t leak inside except for a driving rain towards it. The channel just stakes whatever water comes in to the discharge location in your pick. I don’t believe it’s intentional to drain water only a backup

rainy day in Florida beats a snowy day in Annapolis. :rolleyes:

there are 2 drains in the door itself on either side. there should also be 2 drains at the bottom of the frame of the door that go through the caulk at the bottom of the frame and to the bow of the boat. on mine, the only reason i ever got water into that channel from the door is if the water came through the rubber gasket around the frame at the corners where it should be joined. make sure they are joined by glue or something to prevent an open channel for the water.

hope that helps...
todd

Thanks for the insight, I did have all of the caulking replaced on the boat 6 months ago, maybe the drain holes to the bow are caulked up.

I agree 100% on the rainy days, loving this year round boating in Southeast Florida. We've been sharing the cold spell, was in the 60's today LOL.

Take care & TY

Back