292 - Audio Install

SabrToothSqrl

So my 2001 292 audio was... weak to say the least. A broken Sony headunit, with some kenwood 16 year old speakers.

I'm building a new system, so, ask away. I'm not rich, hence it's on a budget... but I do enjoy music.

More speakers at a lower volume will fill an area much better than fewer speakers at a louder volume... I ran 6 6.5" on my last boat and loved it.
(4 off the main amp, and 2 off headunit).

Problem is... WHERE is there any space to put speakers (or amps!) in this boat? I found a spot for the sub. and think I have a spot for the 4ch amp, and headunit.

I've had great experience w/this kenwood sub it. I ran it on my last boat, and it works well. It will not slam your socks off, but the sound is great, it's durable, and good price.

I've also had great experience w/this exact clarion amp. It's tiny and powerful, and only needs 10 gauge wire.

Never used this brand of speakers before, but they seem nice. Certainly bigger than the old!

I wanted audio I could control while moving. I plug in a 8GB USB drive and jam away. or pandora from the phone.
I realize I don't have photos of the sub yet - coming soon!

If anyone wants, I'll post links to the whole system if you want to buy. If not, I'm not taking the time.
I used a PWC 12v battery to bench test it.

Attachments

• Sub Hole.jpg
    Sub Hole.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 39
  • headuit1.jpg
    headuit1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Bench1.jpg
    Bench1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 6x9.jpg
    6x9.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Santa.jpg
    Santa.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
"done"

Done for now. 2 speakers and a sub.

I ran the wires for future speakers where I could easily get to them

the sub amp is behind the wall, attached with the 4 button head screws. thought that was fairly slick.

Sounds pretty good, but where the 6x9s are, the seats block a lot of the highs.

Sub sounds great. still love this for $140 how do you beat this thing?!26194497_10213142054158835_783524950_o.jpg

Had the boat out for first run of 2018. Audio sounds GREAT. Might add more speakers just for fun. Even with 2 + sub sounds very good!

Back