2 Fastech Questions... Extension boxes? Ladder?

MR.HAPPY

Just got back from LOTO from our first trip with the 312 & 2 things that I have to get corrected that drove me & everyone on the boat crazy...
First thing is the porpoising at speed! To get max performance & trimmed out for max speed it porpoised like crazy & lowering the tabs cause loss of speed & did very little to stop it. Larger tabs are already on my to do list, but Extension boxes are the first thing that came to me to fix this... I know they work great on 353s & 382s. Anyone put boxes on a 312 & what brand works best?
Second thing that drove everybody else crazy was the ladder... it swings under the boat when you get on it & hurts your feet because of it being so narrow of a step. What have people done to fix that problem? Stopped at the Formula Store & they said the new Formula ladders are the same & many people have complained, but nothing has changed.
Thanks

Can Confirm. Ladders are shit. I've busted mine up and they are $700 new.
My silent thunder box was removed, and this winter I'd like to explore a ladder that slides under the swim platform.
I don't need some fancy lid. I need a ladder that works! The one on my 1990 Chris Craft was superior.

I don't know what engines you have, but my 292 seems to porpoise as well, however the tabs bring it under control fairly well.

You could fill your water tank that lives in the front - adds weight to the front. I also have a 28lb navy anchor in the front of mine.

Larger tabs are already on my to do list, but Extension boxes are the first thing that came to me to fix this..

Suggest posting this in the Offshore Only forum, those guys have done a lot of variations

You could fill your water tank that lives in the front - adds weight to the front. I also have a 28lb navy anchor in the front of mine.

Agree, need more weight in the bow

Back