Extended Swim Platform - 2008 31PC

I too want to add a similar platform extension (from SwimPlatforms.com) to my 2004 330ss. (She has 496 mags with captains call and Gen) Any concern or problems without changing exhaust riser height? Seems that Formula added 1" to riser set up if the larger platform was ordered as original. I see the platform extensions on similar boats but havent had the opportunity to discuss the riser height issues / concerns with the respective owners. Thoughts???

I'm leaning towards swim platform.com with the transom style mount platform which will attach to my existing platform below the current rub rail. This will extend the platform and be lower towards the water which will be nice for swimming, ect. Also, looking at swim platform ULTRA which is a Canadian based company. Seems there are more reviews for swim platform.com. Either way, both companies do not have my boat's template in stock and I will have to make a template per the instructions. Seems easy but I wish i was not the first... On that note, has anyone done a swim platform.com template???

Thanks all for the information...

I also contacted Formula TAG... Formula does offer an extended platform for my boat with a price just over $14,500.00. Can't justify that one...

I have spent the better part of 6 months waffling over this project (primarily because a mechanic scared me with the riser height issue and water ingestion increased risk). I looked at the standard size (which is what I currently have) and the add on - under mount, and the full lay over with extension. I will say though you may want to consider the lay over platform that goes over your existing platform topcoat, yielding one level final surface rather than 2 surfaces with an inch or so to trip over or bang your toes, or an uneven surface for deck chairs etc... I don't think that is worth being 1 inch closer to the water. Did you ask SwimPlatforms.com to make a template? From my experience with them they make their bank on having molds and making platforms - perhaps they will make one for you. I calculated that the project would cost roughly $2,500 plus 8 hours of install time.
For my case, I am hoping someone out there has a similar set up to my 330ss and put the extension on and if they had any problems with ingestion into the engines.

Good points on the full lay platform, thanks... Yeah, I have called and spoke direct, they will need me to make the template due to them not having one in the system. After I do one they will have a 31PC in the system for the next 31PC customer. Also looking at the Ultra company so who knows... I have a little time.

I had Swim Platforms build me a custom overlay top mount platform for my 2003 31 PC 4-5 years ago. I recently had them build me one for my 2003 37 PC. both of these platforms were extended +36" past the original swim platform. We love them both it has truly changed the way we use the stern of the boats. Call Stace 1-602-431-8230 and give him my name Cory Hardman. They should be able to help you and they do have the template in stock as they made the on for the 31 PC from my boat they also installed the platform.

Mental Floss - with all of the experience you have with the extended platform, did you have any concerns about your exhaust - did anyone review those measurements? Did you ever have any water ingestions problems?

At this point I have not had any problems with exhaust nor any water ingestion problems with either boats. the platforms sit about 4" higher than the original swim deck, Swim Platforms place vents in the top of the platforms to let any water backwash pressure release. I would also highly suggest checking and or replacing your internal exhaust flappers. Overall no problems at all!!!!!

Not trying to sway you one way or another but the two middle boats in the pic are identical year and equipped 370 SS's. As you can see the one with the overlay is way more than an inch or so higher, probably closer to four. Of course your model boat may be different. Funny thing is my friend owns the one with the overlay and loves how low mine sits to the water and I love how his is all one level. Boaters are never satisfied right [emoji16]

9244c6142971a54eeeada751d247979f.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

20181005_074633.jpg20181005_074721.jpg20181005_074728.jpg20181005_074734.jpgAttached are some pictures of the stern of my 37 PC. I had 4 custom brackets built as I was concerned about the SS down brackets interfering with the drives. The extra pop up cleats are for cooler / fuel can tie downs, the handle on the starboard is for the BBQ mount.

I'd definitely prefer the non step down version. Too many drinkers fumbling around would find a way to stumble over that step up for sure. I've toyed with the notion of an extended platform too and our '95 34 PC is a perfect candidate for the single level lay on top of existing platform type. But I'd wanna add a twist. If anyone is familiar with the Sea Ray SLX series bow riders, they have a neat option on the swim platform. There is a flip down step in the middle. When it is flipped in the up position, it integrates perfectly with the platform and all you can see is the seam (much like the seam around a ladder lid) so there is nothing to trip over. You simply flip it up and over into the down position and it makes a neat little swim step/platform that is positioned slightly under water. I've never seen another one like it but I really like that feature.

I found a link to show the feature I'm talking about, scroll through the pics and you'll see it.

https://www.trudeausmarina.com/inventory/2018-sea-ray-230-spx-spokane-wa-99202-2249284i

Last edited:
I know, it's an old thread... But, I'm just getting ready to tackle this project. Where are the extended platforms from? Swimplatforms.com??

Thanks

View attachment 8966View attachment 8967View attachment 8968View attachment 8969Attached are some pictures of the stern of my 37 PC. I had 4 custom brackets built as I was concerned about the SS down brackets interfering with the drives. The extra pop up cleats are for cooler / fuel can tie downs, the handle on the starboard is for the BBQ mount.

How much did that end up costing you?
Was all those upgrades done by them or you after the purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back